Waiting to find out the gender of your little one and having a hard time finding cute invitations that are gender neutral? Look no further!
If you have been following along with my journey for any amount of time then you know that I like to do unique things like not finding out the gender of my babies (find out why here) until they were born and that I am a type A personality. I like to have everything just so. I love when things match, when I can make things just how I picture them in my head and when things are easy (because life is hard enough right?!).
So, when Basic Invite asked me review some of their products in exchange for my honest opinion I was excited.
They have themes ranging from classic baby shower invites to trendy events like Sprinkles. But what I really wanted to find out was could this website make gender neutral shower/sprinkle planning… more fun?!
They absolutely could.
As unique as your little one
One of the biggest bummers of not finding out the gender of both of our babies was that when it came to planning the shower and the sprinkle (for our second) we were given maybe 5 options on any given website of “gender neutral,” invites. By gender neutral I mean grey, blah yellow and white polka dots, with minimal options to customize. *wah wah wahhh* Just because we don’t want to find out the gender doesn’t mean we don’t want cute invites to celebrate!
This is not the case with Basic Invite. If you’re like me and are planning to keep the sex of your baby a surprise but still want stylish invites, they have it. With so many theme options you can make any of them specific to your little ones big day even if you don’t know if they are a he or a she.
With countless adorable themes like,
- Hanging mason jars (which I was tempted to pick)
- Buffalo- Born to be wild
- Ice cream cones (for a sprinkle)
You can bet you’ll find an invite that is ‘so you.‘ From there your options are almost endless to make your invitations exactly what you pictured.
I decided to go with a fun baby sprinkle invite with clouds and rain drops.
This invite was PERFECT for a gender neutral sprinkle. We planned the sprinkle for after the baby would be born but we still didn’t know the gender so, this was an amazing option. I really loved the style. Had I not have liked the original so much I could have changed so much more about it. But I decided to make only a few small changes.
When I went to design my invite these were all of the areas I could chose color options for IF I wanted to.
WOW! I could customize everything to my style down to the raindrops.
Once I picked a few colors, I got to edit every line of the text.
I really liked the wording for this invitation. Since we were going to have the party after baby was here I did choose to changed some of the words to fit my needs. The website makes it so easy for you to edit. You just click the text box and all your options appear- text style, color, size, alignment.(You can see all the changes I made to the wording in the picture above).
It was simple and so quick to do. I could even edit from my phone!
All the extras you could want
Basic Invite doesn’t just do invitations though, oh no. They make sure every aspect of your stationary is just how you would want it, while making the process easy peasy.
Here are some of the other options you have when designing your invitations:
- Envelope color– with 40 different color options I got to choose a bright yellow that would match other items at the sprinkle.
- Custom Samples – Basic Invite is one of the few websites that allows you to order a printed sample of your invitation so you can see exactly what it will look like before you ever have to place your final order. Does it get any better than that? Even if you don’t order a printed sample the instant updates to your invitation on the website are so cool. As soon as you edit something you get to see a live version of that change.
- Address Capturing Service – Basic Invite offers an address capturing service that allows you to simply share a link on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or any other form of social media to request your friends and family’s addresses which will be stored in your account and can then be selected during the design process. Basic Invite offers address printing at no cost on all card orders. For moms to be this is a game changer. One less thing to do before baby. That’s a win in my book.
If you are waiting to find out the gender of your little one but still want to have beautiful stylish invitations exactly how you picture them in your head… Basic Invites is your go to.
I wish I would’ve known about them for my first baby. From being able to customize almost the whole invitation to so many cute options beyond the norm, this company is it!
Want more Basic Invite in your life?
- Make sure you check out their fun baby shower games (also customizable)!
- Birth announcements and more!
Plus Basic Invite is offering 15% off with coupon code: 15FF51 so what are you waiting for?
You can find them here too: